No matter where you are at in your business planning or growth Community Futures Mount Waddington can help with financing. Financing and support are available to start, grow or purchase a business.
Community Futures Lending Program
Our lending program assists local entrepreneurs in obtaining the financing they need to develop and enhance their businesses. CFMW provides repayable funding to entrepreneurs for working capital, equipment purchase or lease, and business start-up, purchase or expansion.
- Loans, guarantees, lines of credit, or equity investment from $5000.00 to $2,000,000.
- Micro-Loan Fund – up to $10,000 for small or home-based ventures.
- Fixed interest rates, on most loans, that are competitive with traditional financial institutions.
- Repayment terms up to a maximum of 5 years are tailored to suit individual business needs.
- Financing available for business start-up, expansion or succession.
- Business Counselling and ongoing support – free and confidential.
Do I Qualify?
- Is your business idea strong, realistic and workable?
- Is your business located in the Community Futures Mount Waddington service area?
- Do you have the necessary skills, talents and experience?
- Are you 19 years of age, or in the case of a minor, do you have a cosigner?
- Are you a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident?
- Is viability demonstrated through a business plan?
- Do you have a reasonable personal investment?
- Can you provide adequate security?
What Happens Next?
- A meeting with a CFMW Business Analyst to discuss business concept.
- The completion of a Loan Application Form.
- The creation of a Business Plan – including budget and cash flow projections (which CFMW can assist with).
- The Business Analyst prepares a loan proposal, which is presented to a community-based, volunteer Loans Review Committee for consideration.
- A Letter of Offer is presented to the applicant.
- Legal paperwork and security registration are undertaken before funds are dispersed.
The staff at Community Futures is here to help you complete this loan application.
Get started on the application using this link, or come down to our office at 14-311 Hemlock Street and we can provide you with a paper copy of the loan application. Still have questions? Contact us to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I eligible for a business loan?
Loans are based on your current financial standing, the nature of your business, the security available, the amount you are personally able to invest and the strength of your business plan. Like other lenders Community Futures is guided by the “Five C’s:” Capacity, Character, Credit, Collateral and Capital.
- How much can I borrow?
Community Futures supports micro or home-based businesses which may only require minimal financing. At the same time we can also support much larger investments which could require hundreds of thousands in financing.
- How long will it be before I can expect to have the funds?
Community Futures has the ability to expedite financing decisions. Once you have completed all the necessary documentation and we have received it, you can expect your financing within 5 – 10 business days.
- What interest rate will I be charged?
On most loans Community Futures interest rates vary between 6% and 10%, which are fixed over the term of the loan. Amortization may vary, but won’t normally exceed a five-year term. Lending rates may vary depending on external financial conditions.
- How much cash would I be expected to bring to the table if I am applying for a loan?
Community Futures normally looks for an owner investment of 20%. The investment requirement will vary depending on the size and risk level of the loan required.